The Primary Care Team is responsible for delivery of the pdf Primary Care Strategy (1.27 MB) , which includes the development and transformation of primary care (a national NHS initiative to improve access to GP services), improving information technology in primary care and setting the prescribing budget for member practices.
The team works closely with the three GP locality groups in Cannock Chase – Cannock, Rugeley and Great Wyrley and Surrounds – to make sure that members are engaged with the CCG and are able to provide regular feedback on the work that is taking place.
The team also supports the development of new GP provider networks that will enable GPs to offer a wider range of services for patients by working collaboratively and will also foster best practice, reduce service variation and provide a platform for further training and education.
Cannock Chase CCG will adopt a programmed approach to transforming primary care across six areas:
- To improve quality in primary care delivering better clinical outcomes for patients and the population and to maximise the limited resources of the CCG.
- To develop a more integrated primary care operating model that strengthens the role of general practice to improve quality, creates capacity and capability and ensures that more people can receive care in their communities.
- To develop new ways of commissioning primary care services that maximise capacity, innovation and resources.
- To deliver a coordinated Information Management and Technology programme for General Practice that facilitates the sharing of records through integrated systems, delivers efficiency and productivity benefits for General Practice and the wider health system and uses new technology to improve patient outcomes.
- To ensure efficient and coordinated communications between the CCG and practice teams, and also communications with the public.
- To ensure high quality, evidence-based and safe prescribing that reduces waste and optimises patient outcomes.
Other useful documents